When you purchased first your home, life looked a lot different. You had a small family and a cozy 1,800 sq. ft. home. The three bedroom layout gave you a master, a nursery and an office/guest room/playroom. Your yard was small but enough for your young child to play in. The neighborhood was affordable and the schools were OK. Fast forward 10 years. You’ve had more children, pets and your once cozy home is busting at the seams. You need a bigger home, a bigger yard with a pool, better schools, more space for your home office, a two car garage and all in a more upscale neighborhood. Your family is growing! Married adults between the ages of 36 to 50, with children under 18 at home have the greatest need to live in a larger home. A recent Trulia survey found that 43 percent of adults prefer living in a home that is larger than their current residence.
The logical solution is to buy a bigger house. But there are challenges:
- The home is going to cost significantly more than your present home
- There will be high utility and maintenance costs
- More rooms means you need to buy more furniture
- A large down payment to reduce your mortgage and hopefully enough to avoid PMI insurance
- Mortgage and taxes will be higher
- No first time home buyer benefits
- Still have a mortgage on your first home
- Do not want to disrupt your children at school so timing is key
- You have far more stuff and it is harder to move
- You have to sell your home before you can buy a new one
The growing family has the most challenges to overcome. However, almost all those challenges can be fixed with one solution….money.
- Buy your new home at the lowest price to save money
- Sell your current home for the highest price so you have more to put down and lower your payments.
- Qualify for the best mortgage for your lifestyle at the lowest rates
- Sell your home quickly.
- Find the right real estate professionals to help you with all the above.
There are many moving parts that must work simultaneously to ensure your success during this very tricky transition. One of the biggest challenges is picking the right real estate professionals to guide you through this process.
A true real estate professional is a problem solver. They will help:
- Find the right home for their clients with growing families
- Negotiate the best price on the new home
- Present offers in the best light and position to get it accepted
- List your home to sell for top dollar
- Marketing, marketing and more marketing
- Stage the home and coordinate with all professionals
- Provide advice on all aspects of buying and selling including financing solutions specific to growing families.
- Sell your home quickly and for top dollar
The wrong agent can cost you 10’s of thousands of dollars and you will lose out on offers.
David Delaney and the Delaney Team is the right choice for a growing family.
Sell your current Home in 2 weeks and for thousands more.
You find your dream home and put in a solid offer contingent of the sale of your home. If your home does not sell quickly, you will lose the home and your dreams.
MLS data shows that in Southern California it takes the average real estate agent over two months to sell a home. Sellers won’t wait for your agent to do their job. If your house is not selling fast enough, your agent will keep lowering the price until it sells.
Every time they do, you lose money. In fact the average So Cal real estate agent sell homes for only 93% of the listed price. That’s nearly a $50,000 loss on a 700,000 home.
Based on two years of MLS data, 92.4% of the homes listed with the Delaney Team sell in TWO WEEKS OR LESS. 98.2% sell for 101.8% above the listed price. On a $700,000 home that is $12,600 over asking. That is more than $60,000 in the pocket of the growing family in just two weeks just by using the right agent….
For the growing family, choosing the Delaney Team can make living in your dream home come true….. for less with more money in your pocket. They list high, sell even higher and sell quickly. The Delaney Team has earned a reputation for being problem solvers and helping growing families get into their dream home.